Donate to the Alumni Association

Help the Timmins High & Vocational School Alumni Association to carry out our mission in providing scholarships and busaries to TH&VS graduates and funding special projects at the school, such as upgrading equipment in the classrooms, with your donation. Send your donation by printing and filling out the TH&VS Alumni Contribution Form ( click here). Then mail it, along with your cheque or money order to:

TH&VS Alumni Assocation
451 Theriault Blvd
Timmins, Ontario
P4N 8B2

Questions? Read answers to commonly asked questions below or contact the THAA by calling 705-267-5319, faxing 705-264-0788 or emailing

Frequently Asked Questions

Are donations tax-deductible?

Yes. The TH&VS Alumni Association is recognized as a charitble tax-exempt organization by the Canadian Revenue Agency.

What is the THAA's charitable number?


Can I designate my gift for a specific program or purpose?

Yes, donors may certainly do so, but keep in mind that unrestricted donations to the THAA allow us to direct alumni dollars to those uses that provide the greatest benefit to Timmins High's students. Every year, the Principal and staff make requests to the Board of Directors concerning a special project. Proxima projectors, white boards, hockey jerseys, etc. are examples of grants made previously to the school by the Board.

What is the value of scholarships made annually to students in the graduating class of TH&VS?

Every year approximately $14,000 in scholarships is awarded to students in the graduating class. A committee of teachers distributes the funds according to the criteria established for each scholarship or bursary invested with the TH&VS Alumni Association. See the chart of scholarships.

If I wish to endow a permanent fund with the THAA, should I designate my gift to establish a scholarship fund?

Many generous alumni donors have endowed school scholarships through the THAA often in honor of or in memory of a husband, wife or classmate. To discuss this option, contact us at 705-267-3519 or send us an email at

Who should I speak with if I want to make a planned gift (bequest, charitable gift, annuity, etc)?

Contact the THAA at 705-267-3519 or and we will be happy to work with you and your financial or legal advisor regarding planned giving opportunities.

Timmins High & Vocational School